This is the reason that I don't like the new ADATA USB drives such as the UV128/64GB or 128GB drives and other ones that look to be the same style (the green sliding USB connector).
They just don't work well from new and never work properly at any point.
[ 788.242463] usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 16 using ehci-pci
[ 788.339816] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=125f, idProduct=db8a
sudo apt-get install hwloc-nox
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 530 not upgraded.
Need to get 151 kB of archives.
After this operation, 453 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Here is a simple MP3 player and now there's a reason to understand why the supplied cable has some kind of capacitor and is very short. These devices can be VERY finicky and any voltage fluctuation or difference is enough to cause issues.
Take for example the error messages from Linux Mint:
[804829.895414] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 11
[806961.109030] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd........
These errors believe it or not are simply because of not being the root user or running with sudo! However if you didn't know to try as root you'd think there was a problem with your burner or disc Essentially it looks like without root you cannot send the required scsi commands to continue writing. Ithink cdrecord should have built-in tests or safeguards to see if it has the permissions to run the required commands.
I guess for more advanced users the idea is simila........
It really is as simple as:
cdrecord -v dev=/dev/sr0 pathtoyourisoimage.iso
-v is for verbose, I prefer it but if you don't you won't see as much output like below (I like to know the details and exactly what's happening)
dev=/dev/sr0 specifies the device name of your burner (they say not to use it and to specify some weird annoying device string but using the raw /dev has always worked for me and is how it should have been implemented from the start IMHO)........
I finally decided to look into some utils that did this, and the first one I found is "mp3burn". It is unbelievable simple and perfect. *2017-11 update and mp3burn is still available in standard repos such as Ubuntu 14/16 so this is a current and working project.
Just install the package and it gets all required libraries to convert and then burn's on the fly. And you won't believe how simple it is.
I just want to a directory that had the MP3's I wanted t........