I used to get all kinds of weird annoying characters like "â" during compilation with gcc especially.
dmg2img.c:456: error: âBZ_OKâ undeclared (first use in this function)
dmg2img.c:471: warning: implicit declaration of function âBZ2_bzCompressEndâ
dmg2img.c:482: warning: implicit declaration of function âBZ2_bzDecompressâ
dmg2img.c:484: error: âBZ_PARAM_ERRORâ undeclared (first use in this function)
dmg2img.c:485: error: âBZ_DATA_ERRORâ undeclared (first use in this function)
dmg2img.c:486: error: âBZ_DATA_ERROR_MAGICâ undeclared (first use in this functi
I noticed the character set translation was set to something strange like "Western Europe" under Window -> Translation so I just changed this in putty and chose "UTF-8" and everything is good now.
characters, linux, putty, shelli, quot, acirc, compilation, gcc, dmg, img, bz_ok, undeclared, implicit, declaration, bz, _bzcompressend, _bzdecompress, bz_param_error, bz_data_error, bz_data_error_magic, functi, translation, western, utf,